Woman dies in Rolla fire; man suffers smoke inhalation

  • Source: KSFX/KOLR-TV FOX 27 Ozarks First
  • Published: 01/10/2020 11:45 AM

Authorities say a woman died in a Missouri house fire and a man was taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. The Rolla Rural Fire Protection District said in a Facebook post that the fire was reported around 8 p.m. Thursday. The Phelps County Sheriff’s Department and an ambulance crew were the first to arrive. They reported that the man had made it out of the home and said the woman was still inside. But the blaze was so intense that they had to wait for firefighters, who encountered “almost zero visibility” when they entered the home to find the woman. She died of smoke inhalation.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe