Follow Up: Fire on northwest side of Great Falls electrical in origin

  • Source: Great Falls Tribune
  • Published: 01/09/2019 05:05 PM

The cause of a fire that displaced a family of six on the northwest side of Great Falls Tuesday was electrical, according to Vaughn Fire Chief Jason McAllister. The trailer home, located on 26th Street Northwest, caught fire around 2:30 p.m. and was fully engulfed just minutes later. No one was home when the blaze occurred. Rural fire departments from Black Eagle, Vaughn, Gore Hill and Manchester spent several hours dousing the flames, tearing off pieces of sheet metal and exposing more of the trailer's undercarriage to check for hot spots. A family member on the scene told the Tribune that her son, daughter-in-law and their four children lived in the home.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe