Anaconda garage fire causes damage, sparked by wood stove

  • Source: Butte Montana Standard
  • Published: 01/14/2019 03:28 PM

An Anaconda garage caught fire in the 800 block of East Third Street on Saturday night. According to Anaconda Fire and EMS Chief RJ Tocher, firefighters responded to the blaze at 6:45 p.m. When they arrived, flames were showing out of the single, detached garage, Tocher said. No one was inside the garage and there were no injuries. Anaconda firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a wood-burning stove that caught one of the garage walls on fire. There was significant damage to the front portion of the building, Tocher said. Wood-burning stoves haven’t caused many fires this year, Tocher said, but have sparked flames “every now and then.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe