Hamilton home gutted by fire

  • Source: Ravalli Republic
  • Published: 07/12/2019 01:52 AM

A Hamilton home was gutted by an early morning fire Thursday while its owner was in a Missoula hospital having a medical procedure done. Hamilton Volunteer Fire Chief Brad Mohn said the fire at the home on Grundy Lane was called in shortly after 5 a.m. after a neighbor spotted flames coming from an upstairs window. “When we arrived, the home already heavily involved with fire,” Mohn said. “When we made our entrance into the house, the stairs had already burned.” The home was older with a metal roof, which didn’t allow the fire to vent. In places it still had the original sawdust insulation. Firefighters took a defensive strategy on attacking the fire. They used ladders to fight the blaze through upstairs windows. “It was a complete loss to the home,” Mohn said. “There is heavy damage to the interior.” Mohn said no one was home at the time of the fire. Law enforcement contacted the owner at the hospital.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe