A house fire, a pedestrian struck by a vehicle and car wrecks kept fire crews and police busy Monday afternoon.
An elderly woman who uses a wheelchair was able to escape a house fire that damaged the back porch of a home on the 3500 block of Miles Avenue, according to Billings Fire Department battalion chief Kevin Johnson.
Firefighters responding at about 4:30 p.m. quickly put out the blaze on the exterior of the home, but the building suffered smoke dThe fire was caused by a cigarette that wasn't put out correctly, according to a release from deputy fire marshal Andrew McLain. The fire caused about $3,000 in damage. The property was uninsured.
Only minutes later a pedestrian was struck on Central Avenue near Stewart Park on the West End. amage. Another occupant of the home also was able to get out safely.