Spate of emergency incidents send police, firefighters racing around Billings

  • Source: Billings Gazette
  • Published: 05/14/2019 12:00 AM

A house fire, a pedestrian struck by a vehicle and car wrecks kept fire crews and police busy Monday afternoon. An elderly woman who uses a wheelchair was able to escape a house fire that damaged the back porch of a home on the 3500 block of Miles Avenue, according to Billings Fire Department battalion chief Kevin Johnson. Firefighters responding at about 4:30 p.m. quickly put out the blaze on the exterior of the home, but the building suffered smoke dThe fire was caused by a cigarette that wasn't put out correctly, according to a release from deputy fire marshal Andrew McLain. The fire caused about $3,000 in damage. The property was uninsured. Only minutes later a pedestrian was struck on Central Avenue near Stewart Park on the West End. amage. Another occupant of the home also was able to get out safely.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe