PHOTOS: Billings fire officials said in a press release Tuesday morning that one person was injured in the fire.
The injured person, who was not identified, was trying to help rescue those inside the apartment at the time of the fire, the press release states. The person was taken to a hospital, but their condition was not available.
The fire was caused due to improperly discarded smoking materials on the back deck, fire officials said. The fire caused an estimated $750,000 in damage and property loss.