Fire Marshal: Deadly Lincolnton house fire started from kitchen stove

  • Source: WJZY Fox 46 Charlotte
  • Published: 08/07/2018 03:48 PM

A fire that killed a 41-year-old Lincolnton woman early Tuesday morning is believed to have started from the kitchen stove, according to the Lincoln County Fire Marshal. The fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. at a house located along Park Circle. Firefighters tell FOX 46 Charlotte the fire quickly traveled through the home. They attempted to make entry into the house but the fire was too involved for anyone to enter without special equipment. Firefighters with special equipment were eventually able to enter the house and pull out a woman, identified as Bonnie Michelle Smith, 41, who was already deceased.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe