Fire breaks out at Johnson and Wales University gym in Charlotte

  • Source: WBTV-TV Channel 3
  • Published: 06/07/2018 09:14 PM

Firefighters say a fire broke out in the gymnasium of Johnson and Wales University in Charlotte Thursday night. According to the Charlotte Fire Department, the fire started in the middle of the gym at the university, off South Cedar Street. Officials said heavy smoke conditions made it dangerous for crews as they worked to control the fire. The fire was ruled accidental and there were no injuries reported. Crews have not said exactly what started the fire. The fire caused about $100,000 worth of damage. This incident is under investigation and no further information was released.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe