Stove vent catches fire at West End home

  • Source: Morganton News Herald
  • Published: 06/08/2018 02:01 AM

Scrambling eggs left a Morganton woman scrambling after a stove vent caught fire on Thursday afternoon. Firefighters responded to the fire at 1212 Jamestown Road around 1 p.m. after an apparent malfunction in the vent hood, West End Fire Chief Randall Brackett said. No one was injured in the fire. Sandra Flanders turned the stove and overhead vent on with nothing on the stove. When she turned around, she said she saw the flames. “I was checking [my husband’s] glucose levels,” Flanders said. “I went back over and flames were coming out of the vent.” When she noticed the flames, Flanders said she ran to the top of the steps and called her daughter to get the fire extinguisher.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe