Southport firefighters injured in house fire

  • Source: WECT-TV Channel 6
  • Published: 11/05/2018 02:16 AM

Two firefighters sustained injuries during a house fire Sunday morning off Long Beach Road, Southport. According to the Southport Fire Department’s Facebook page, one firefighter fell thru the floor of the home and injured his leg. The other got overexerted and passed out. The fire started from an electrical problem in the master bedroom. The cause ruled accidental. Multiple agencies responded including, Oak Island, Sunny Point, Bolivia, BC EMS, and the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office. The Southport Fire Department had the fire under control and contained within 20 minutes of arrival.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe