Woman seriously burned saving grandchildren from Caldwell County house fire

  • Source: WSOC-TV ABC 9 Charlotte
  • Published: 11/28/2018 02:50 PM

A woman received second-degree burns to her arms and legs after rescuing her two grandchildren from a house fire Saturday in Caldwell County. Investigators believe the quick-moving fire that heavily damaged the home of Steve and Julie Coots in Hudson started when a spray-paint can near a recliner was accidentally punctured, igniting gas logs nearby. Neighbor Wanda Benge told Channel 9 she saw the flames shoot though the roof and saw the burn injuries to the grandmother. “Her babies come first, her grandbabies,” Benge said. “She just picked them up, didn’t care where she got burnt. She got burnt pretty bad.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe