Daughter smells smoke, helps family of 7 escape Marshville house fire

  • Source: WSOC-TV ABC 9 Charlotte
  • Published: 11/29/2018 07:49 AM

A family of seven are grateful they were able to escape after their house caught fire early Thursday in Union County. Dozens of firefighters and other emergency personnel responded before 8 a.m. to the house fire on Marshville Water Plant Road, just off Highway 74. Reporter Mark Barber learned that a family of seven who were renting the house were able to escape the flames. One of the daughters said she woke up after smelling smoke and was able to drag her grandmother to safety. Members of the family range in age from 25 to 84. They told Barber they have rented the house for five generations and the home has never had smoke detectors. Relatives said one family member was taken to the hospital after suffering burns.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe