Cash register to blame for early morning fire at Durham Home Goods store

  • Source: WNCN-TV CBS 17 News
  • Published: 12/08/2019 11:39 AM

Fire officials say an issue with cash register was the cause of an early morning fire at the Home Goods store located in the 8200 block of Renaissance Parkway. Firefighters responded to the store to find several alarms activating and heavy smoke coming from the front door. Authorities say 32 firefighters, with the help a full sprinkler system, quickly extinguished the fire. The entire store sustained heavy smoke and water damage. No one was injured and no other stores were affected. The store will remain closed until the damage is repaired.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe