Firefighters and emergency responders from two counties worked to battle a fire in western Rowan County on Tuesday, and to help at three people who were hurt in that fire.
The fire was reported in the 200 block of Beaver Dam Road off Needmore Road just at approximately 8:40 pm. When firefighters arrived they found a camper engulfed in flames, with fire threatening another camper that officials say was loaded with Christmas presents, and a metal carport that had been converted into a residence.
According to Scotch-Irish Fire Department Deputy Chief Michael Lanning, firefighters discovered three people and a dog injured in the fire. A person in the burning camper was taken to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem to be treated for burns to the hands and face. Two other people were treated by Rowan County Emergency Services, while the dog was treated for smoke inhalation.