Officials: Discarded fireworks caused Cary house fire on July 4

  • Source: WRAL-TV CBS 5 Raleigh
  • Published: 07/09/2019 03:54 AM

Used fireworks that were improperly discarded caused a house fire in Cary the night of July 4, authorties said. Deputy Fire Chief Michael Martin of the Cary Fire Department said used fireworks weren't correctly discarded. The fire was determined to be accidental, he said. The fire at 104 Lakeway Court was reported at about 11 p.m. "I came outside, and everything was on fire," said neighbor Javier Guevara, who recorded video of the fire on his cellphone. "It was exploding, exploding."Even from across the street, Guevara and other neighbors said they could feel the heat of the fire and hear the wailing of a car horn as vehicles underneath the burning garage caught fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe