Two dogs rescued from Durham apartment fire

  • Source: WRAL-TV CBS 5 Raleigh
  • Published: 11/17/2019 05:00 AM

Firefighters rescued two dogs from a fire inside a third-floor Durham apartment on Saturday night. Before 8:30 p.m., the Durham Fire Department responded to an apartment building at 2917 Salvone Court. Firefighters spotted smoke coming from a top floor unit and extinguished a kitchen fire in under 10 minutes. According to officials, there was fire damage in the kitchen and smoke and heat damage throughout the apartment. No other units were affected by the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the two adults and one child who live in the apartment. No injuries were reported. Two dogs were inside the home at the time of the fire, but firefighters rescued them. According to the Durham Fire Department, the fire started on the stove. Grease fires can be contained by carefully sliding a lid over the pan to smother flames.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe