House fire on 7th street caused by candle in bathroom, Wilmington Fire Department says

  • Source: WECT-TV Channel 6
  • Published: 11/26/2019 02:52 PM

Emergency crews say an accidental fire Tuesday afternoon in Wilmington caused approximately $25,000 in damages. A tweet from the Wilmington Fire Department says they answered a call about a house fire at 1209 S. 7th Street. Everyone inside the building was able to get out safely. Firefighters say they saw light smoke when the arrived at the home and later learned the fire was contained to the bathroom. Officials have determined the source of the fire was a candle. The house also sustained smoke damage; as a whole the damage is estimated at $25,000.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe