A fire severely damaged a home in High Point on Wednesday afternoon.
The fire was reported at a home in the 700 block of Belmont Drive at 5:40 p.m.
High Point Fire Marshal Chris Weir said the home was heavily damaged and is not fit to be lived in until repairs are made.
Five people were displaced and are staying with family members.
Weir said the cause was unattended cooking.
One minor injury was reported. One person inside stepped on a nail as they were getting out of the house.
The home next door had minor damage, with some siding scorched and warped.