Follow-up: Woman dies in Winston-Salem house fire caused by candle

  • Source: WMAG-FM 99.5
  • Published: 02/10/2020 05:28 PM

Judy M. Snyder, 69, died in a house fire Sunday at 4535 Inwood Drive, the Winston-Salem Fire Department said in a statement Monday. City firefighters arrived at Snyder's house at 4 p.m. Sunday after they received a report that a female victim was trapped inside the burning home, the fire department said. With smoke coming from the house, firefighters entered the home to look for Snyder, the fire department said. Firefighters then found her in the house's main hallway. They took Snyder from the house and tried to resuscitate her. Forsyth County emergency-medical technicians also provided life-support treatment. However, Snyder died at the scene, the fire department said. A Forsyth County medical examiner determined that Snyder died from smoke inhalation, the fire department said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe