Scary Asheboro burn incident reignites concern over smoking while on oxygen

  • Source: WNCT-TV CBS/CW 9
  • Published: 02/10/2020 01:57 PM

After a recent burn incident at an assisted living facility in Asheboro, Insurance Commissioner, and State Fire Marshal Mike Causey is warning North Carolinians how dangerous it is to smoke while using an oxygen tank. According to Randolph County emergency officials, a resident with an oxygen tank was smoking when she reportedly caught fire. The victim was airlifted to UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill on Saturday for treatment for burns. “What happened in Asheboro was a terrible accident and our thoughts and prayers go out to the victim and we wish her a speedy recovery,” said Commissioner Causey. “This is also a tragic reminder of the dangers of smoking while using an oxygen tank and I hope others will learn a valuable lesson from this accident.”



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe