Senior citizen taken to hospital after blanket starts house fire in Durham

  • Source: WRAL-TV NBC 5 Raleigh
  • Published: 10/12/2020 05:54 AM

A senior woman was taken to the hospital Monday after a blanket caught fire in her home. Before 6:30 a.m., firefighters with the Durham Fire Department responded to the home on Little Spring Lane, where smoke was coming from the front door. Firefighters controlled the fire in several minutes and reported minor smoke and fire damage in the home. The resident was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation. Officials said a blanket caught fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe