Candle causes fatal house fire in Onslow County

  • Source: WITN-TV NBC 7 Washington
  • Published: 01/19/2021 11:18 AM

Onslow County deputies say one woman is dead after a house fire caused by an unattended candle. Deputies say they, along with county fire marshals and emergency management, responded to 1555 Pony Farm Road in Jacksonville around 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. They discovered 63-year-old Martha Cox inside the home already dead. An autopsy report is still pending her ultimate cause of death. Arson investigators from the SBI completed the investigation and determined the fire was accidental.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe