Sylva restaurant begins clean up after grease fire

  • Source: Southern Scoop News
  • Published: 07/16/2021 12:00 AM

Emergency crews were dispatched to Bogarts Restaurant in Sylva Thursday afternoon after a grease fire grew out of control. According to the restaurant’s post on Facebook, the fire originated in a hood system in the kitchen area. “There was a grease fire that got out of hand and got into the hood system. All staff and customers are accounted for and safe. Thank you for the concern and we will keep everyone updated on next steps,” said the Facebook post. The business is temporarily closed while staff assesses damages.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe