No humans or kittens injured in Jackson County house fire

  • Source: The Sylva Herald & Ruralite
  • Published: 11/17/2021 01:03 PM

Three tiny kittens have a new chance at life and no one was injured in a house fire in the Barkers Creek community on Sunday. The call came in at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday about a fire at 258 Sycamore Drive in the Piney Mountain neighborhood. “It started as a chimney fire but it ended up getting into the house,” said Mallary Caraway of the Sylva Fire Department. The home was “probably a total loss,” Caraway said. “When we got there, Qualla had it knocked down pretty good,” she said. “They did a really, really standup job containing it to the area where it started.” The Qualla Fire Department was the first unit called, with mutual aid from Savannah, Sylva and Balsam. The home, with a tax value of $174,280, sits on 1.3 acres and is owned by Nelson and Diane Willis. The kittens’ rescue involved the Qualla and Sylva fire departments.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe