Fire Marshal: Grifton house fire started by space heater

  • Source: WITN-TV NBC 7 Washington
  • Published: 01/10/2022 10:39 AM

Several people have been displaced by a house fire that was started by a space heater. Pitt County Fire Marshal Jay Morris said that the call came in just after 7 a.m. for a fire on McCrae Street in Grifton. Morris said that the fire was started by a space heater that was too close to a bed. The home was destroyed by the fire. Three people who were home at the time were able to get out safely and there were no injuries to firefighters. Grifton, Winterville, Ayden, and Gardnerville fire departments responded to the blaze.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe