The Johnston County Fire Marshal's investigators told WRAL News Sunday that a woman was seriously injured in an accidental fire that also heavily damaged a Johnston County landmark restaurant.
Firefighters on the scene reported smoke and flames coming from Popeye's Gas and Grill, on NC Highway 96, north of Selma.
Fire officials said the woman is an employee who was cleaning a grill when a fire broke out. She was hurt trying to put out the flames before firefighters got there.
She was transported to the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill for treatment.
The interior of the building is heavily damaged, according to authorities.