More than 30 firefighters put out southeast Charlotte house fire

  • Source: WBTV CBS 3 Charlotte
  • Published: 06/21/2022 12:57 PM

VIDEO: Dozens of firefighters were needed to put out a large fire at a southeast Charlotte home, the Charlotte Fire Department says. Firefighters received multiple 911 calls Tuesday afternoon about a house fire in the 5900 block of Country Walk Drive. When firefighters arrived, a single-story house was fully engulfed in flames. More than 30 firefighters were needed to control the fire in 38 minutes. The homeowner suffered minor injuries but wasn’t transported to the hospital. Investigators deemed that the fire was accidental due to cutting and grinding too close to stored fireworks. The estimated damage is approximately $142,000. Two additional homes suffered heat damage from the fire but are okay and homeowners can return.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe