Baby girl recovering from serious burns after she fell into her family’s fire pit in Statesville

  • Source: WSOC-TV ABC 9 Charlotte
  • Published: 05/20/2022 12:00 AM

A baby girl from Statesville is recovering after getting second degree burns in the backyard of her home. Family members say 8-month-old Thea Lyon accidentally fell into a fire pit while she was in her walker Wednesday night. Thea’s hands and the side of her body were burned in the incident. Her father was just feet away when it happened and tried to pull her away from danger. Firefighters said they got a call about the baby being seriously hurt and she was rushed to Brenner Children’s Hospital in Winston-Salem. Joshua Lyon showed Channel 9 the fire pit and the walker his daughter was in when he says she accidentally fell into a fire pit in their backyard. Lyon says he was just feet away and he ran over to pull her from the hot ashes. He said they had made a fire the night before.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe