Grill causes $250k worth of damage in south Charlotte house fire

  • Source: WJZY-TV FOX 46 Charlotte
  • Published: 09/19/2022 10:12 PM

A charcoal grill was the culprit of a south Charlotte house fire that caused an estimated $250k worth of damage on Monday morning, according to the Fire Department. The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. on the 3100 block of Selwyn Avenue near Woodlawn Road. Investigators deemed the fire was accidental, as ‘smoldering embers’ fell through open vents on a charcoal grill. Officials say about 30 firefighters controlled the fire in 37 minutes. There were no injuries to residents or firefighters.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe