Lit candle causes house fire in Lincoln

  • Source: KOLN-TV CBS 10/KGIN-TV CBS 11 Lincoln-Grand Island
  • Published: 12/05/2018 09:58 AM

VIDEO: Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews are still on site of a house fire at 5101 M Street. The call came in around 9 a.m. on Wednesday. When firefighters arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from a bedroom in the house. The flames were quickly extinguished and firefighters had M Street blocked off for a couple hours while they monitored any potential rekindling of the flames. One person was transported to the hospital for treatment. The Red Cross was on hand and working to help relocate the two people who live in the house, which was characterized as uninhabitable by LFR.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe