Dumpster fire in North Platte

  • Source: KNOP-TV NBC 2
  • Published: 02/12/2020 07:52 AM

North Platte Fire Department extinguishing Tuesday morning dumpster on East 4th Street. The dumpster is between Knapp Electric and Larry's RV. North Platte Fire Dept. says fire was caused by dumping remnants from a fireplace into a dumpster that had aerosol cans in it. It took about a minute to put out. Firefighter says this was a teachable moment. Firefighter, Justin Thompson, says, "It's just a good reminder, if people have a wood burning stove or fireplaces to make sure the ashes, things you take out, are wet down and completely cooled before you throw them into the trash." Thompson says there doesn't look like there was much damage.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe