Firefighters clear North Platte house of smoldering oven

  • Source: KNOP-TV NBC 2 North Platte
  • Published: 03/24/2020 06:41 PM

On the west side of town a stove fire began while the family wasn't home. The fire started on top of the stove. The fire is being investigated as an accident. The fire was starving for oxygen so it put itself out and burned for about an hour. The family was not home at the time of the fire. The stove was carried out by the fire department and is now destroyed from the flames. George Lewis, the Fire Marshal says there are no injuries. "It looks like it started on top of the stove. We don't know if a burner was turned on or whatever they were all melted off. So there's quite a bit of heat and smoke damage. No injuries. Had three dogs in there all three dogs are fine," said Lewis. The fire department says everyone is safe and the fire was successfully put out. The cost of damage is still unknown.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe