Lincoln Fire & Rescue: Cigarette ignited garage fire

  • Source: KOLN-TV CBS 10/KGIN-TV CBS 11 Lincoln-Grand Island
  • Published: 09/14/2020 03:43 AM

Lincoln Fire and Rescue said an improperly disposed cigarette was the cause of a garage fire overnight. Firefighters were called to the area of 43rd and Baldwin Streets just before midnight. Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg says crews could see large flames in the area from several blocks away. LFR said the fire started in the alley and then moved to the front. Flames were reported being 20-30 feet high. Chief Gegg said a couple power lines also caught fire and went down as a result, but did not knock out power to the area. Crews were able to knock down the fire not long after they arrived on scene. LFR estimates the damage to be $40,000 to the structure and roughly $10,000 to the contents.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe