Carbon monoxide poisons twenty-two people in Irvington overnight

  • Source: KETV-TV ABC 7 Omaha
  • Published: 07/21/2021 04:05 AM

Carbon monoxide poisoned 22 family members inside an Irvington home late Tuesday night. The family showed toxic levels of carbon monoxide poisoning when they walked in at CHI Health Immanuel hospital, according to the Omaha Fire Department. Firefighters from multiple agencies then rushed 21 to Nebraska Medicine for hyperbaric treatment. One stayed at Immanuel hospital. Investigators found toxic levels of carbon monoxide inside the family's home near 87th and Read streets. Officials say the family is from Burma, also known as Myanmar, and has babies and children. "Douglas County units, Ponca Hills, Irvington, Children's Hospital, Omaha Fire, Immanuel, and UNMC all worked together for the best interest of these people," captain David Kirchhofer said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe