Lincoln Fire and Rescue: Candle to blame for house fire

  • Source: KOLN-TV CBS 10/KGIN-TV CBS 11 Lincoln-Grand Island
  • Published: 05/03/2021 12:00 AM

Investigators with Lincoln Fire and Rescue said an unattended candle is to blame for a house fire this weekend. LFR said firefighters were called out to a home near 31st and Q Streets on a report of a fire just after 12:30 a.m. on Saturday. Firefighters said when crews arrived, heavy fire could be seen from the second story of the home. According to firefighters, only one person was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. LFR said the cause of the fire is an unattended candle with damage amount estimated at $275,000.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe