A dumpster next to an empty house caught fire in North Omaha Sunday night because fireworks were thrown away.
The blaze spread to two houses in the 2500 block of Pratt Street. The vacant house got the most damage.
Thankfully, no one was displaced from the fire.
“My advice would be going to professional shows, leave fireworks to the professionals, we have too many injuries this time of year anyway from fireworks and careless acts that destroy property, my suggestion would be is supervise kids at all times and go to professional shows,” said Capt. Donald Dooley, Acting Battalion Chief, Omaha Fire Dept.
Both M.U.D. and OPPD have responded to the fire.