At least two Pawling residents were displaced from their Spring Street home after a fire damaged the top floor of the three-story Victorian house. Pawling Fire Chief Everett White said firefighters were called to the residence at 11:15 a.m. Tuesday to the report of a single structure fire. "Smoke was showing from two windows on the upper floor," White said, describing what he saw when he arrived on scene. "The smoke was coming from the left and right side of the building, the opposite ends of the house." Two people were in the home and able to evacuate before first responders arrived. Red Cross visited the scene offering assistance. White said one Dutchess County Sheriff's Office deputy was transported to a hospital for smoke inhalation.