Zamboni catches fire following a local Brighton youth hockey practice

  • Source: CBS Sports
  • Published: 10/15/2020 04:56 AM

VIDEO: Scary scenes broke out at a Brighton, N.Y. ice rink when a Zamboni that was cleaning the ice at a hockey rink caught on fire. Video of the incident was posted on social media from local patrons and multiple angles. The video shows the machine cleaning the rink and then smearing something red across the ice as smoke emerges from the engine. Shortly after the driver looked underneath the Zamboni, flames erupted from the machine as shock and awe erupted from those witnessing the incident. As for what specifically happened, as WHEC reports, the hose on the back of the Zamboni started leaking hydraulic fluid. Shortly afterwards, the hose caught on fire. This is according to a statement from Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex, the location of the incident itself.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe