Overheated Laptop Blamed For Fast-Moving Port Chester House Fire

  • Source: Scarsdale Patch
  • Published: 05/03/2021 12:48 PM

The dramatic Gilbert Place house fire on Saturday was caused by a laptop computer left charging on a bed, the Port Chester fire chief reports. Port Chester police, who were the first to arrive at the scene, found the bedroom already in flames. Cops were able to make sure everyone living in the house was accounted for and safely evacuated. Fire officials say the blaze quickly spread to consume the bedroom. Fire engines arrived in time to hold the fire to the first floor of the multi-family house. All available Port Chester fire companies were called to the scene with additional help from the Town Of Mamaroneck Fast Team and Rye Brook Ladder 30. While Port Chester's entire volunteer fire force was trying to contain the house fire, Purchase, Village Of Mamaroneck and West Harrison Fire Departments provided fire coverage for the village.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe