Man found unconscious in Syracuse apartment during fire, firefighters say

  • Source: Syracuse Post-Standard & Syracuse.com
  • Published: 10/25/2021 04:01 PM

A man was found unconscious in a Syracuse apartment building Sunday morning while a fire burned in the third floor of the building, according to a news release from the Syracuse Fire Department. The man was taken to Upstate University Hospital and the fire department did not know his condition, according to the news release. At 8:50 a.m. Sunday, firefighters responded to 525 Oak St., between James Street and Highland Avenue, for a reported fire. Firefighters could see smoke coming from a third-floor apartment, forced their way into the apartment and found a man who was unconscious, the department said. The victim was taken from the apartment by an ambulance to the hospital, according to fire officials. The smoke came from “unattended cooking” and no other apartments were affected by the fire, fire officials said.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe