Cigarette lights clothes on fire outside Hudson home

  • Source: WTEN-TV ABC 10 Albany
  • Published: 08/05/2022 12:00 AM

At about 3 p.m. on Thursday, City of Hudson firefighters were called to an odor of something burning outside of a house. Upon arrival, members found a pile of clothing on fire against the building. The blaze was quickly extinguished, and there was no extension to the residence. The cause has been determined to be an improperly discarded cigarette. “We would like to remind residents of the dangers associated with discarded cigarettes,” said fire officials. “We recommend discarding cigarettes in a metal container filled with water.” It was also recommended by the City of Hudson Fire Department that smoking be done outside and away from any combustible materials. Your can of discarded cigarettes, officials said, should be kept away from any combustibles.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe