Firefighters battle Euclid house fire

  • Source: WJW-TV MyFox Cleveland
  • Published: 02/10/2019 07:52 AM

Euclid firefighters battled flames at a home on Alberton Road Sunday morning. The fire broke out at 7:38 a.m. When crews arrived around 7:45 they discovered the fire had started in the kitchen and spread to the roof. Firefighters had to fight the blaze from inside the home. There was one person in the home when the fire broke out. They were able to make it out safely and no injuries were reported. The Red Cross is assisting the residents of the home. Fire crews say despite efforts to confine the fire, there was extensive damage to the home with an estimated loss of $80,000. Crews say the fire was caused by unattended cooking and remind residents to never leave cooking food unattended and maintain working smoke detectors.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe