Jefferson Township mother calls 911: 'My house is on fire!'

  • Source: WDTN-TV 2
  • Published: 01/08/2019 03:45 AM

Medics checked two small children for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Jefferson Township. Crews went to a house on Fortman Drive, near Hackett Drive, just after 4 a.m. Tuesday after a woman called saying her house was on fire. In the 911 call, you can hear the woman tell dispatchers her children were outside in shirts an diapers. The woman also said in the call there were some electrical problems in the house. Listen to the 911 call here. The call has been edited to remove identifying information. When firefighters arrived, they found flames coming through the kitchen window. Fire officials say the homeowners told them unattended cooking led to the fire. Two adults and two children were able to get of the house safely. Medics checked the children for smoke inhalation, but everyone was reportedly uninjured. Fire officials say the family would have to find a new place to stay due to damage caused by the fire. No estimate of damages was provided.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe