New Castle woman trying to rescue cat, rescued by firefighters

  • Source: WFMJ-TV NBC 21 Youngstown
  • Published: 08/05/2020 05:39 AM

A 24-year-old woman was taken to the hospital after being rescued from her burning home in New Castle early Wednesday. Just after midnight, firefighters were called to the home at 817 E. Lutton Street for a kitchen fire with several animals and one woman trapped on the second floor. The woman first escaped the flames but then returned to the home to retrieve her cat which she believed was in the attic. Smoke was so heavy the woman was unable to get back out and had to be rescued by firefighters. The woman was taken to the hospital where she is being treated for breathing too much smoke. Assistant Fire Chief Mike Kobe says the fire was a result of food cooking on the stove.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe