Space heater believed to be cause of fire on Cleveland’s east side that injured two, led to death of dog

  • Source: WJW-TV MyFox Cleveland
  • Published: 01/13/2020 05:39 AM

Cleveland firefighters were called to a house fire Monday morning. The initial calls went out just before 8 a.m. in the 3600 block of East 113th Street. Firefighters initially said no one was hurt, but later said two people were transported and their dog was killed in the fire. A woman who lived in the home climbed to the roof when the fire broke out, and then climbed down with the help of a neighbor. A man inside the house was able to come out the front door. Lt. Mike Norman told FOX 8 News the cause of the fire was determined to be a space heater by a couch on the first floor.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe