1 critical due to severe smoke inhalation from north Columbus fire

  • Source: WBNS-TV Columbus 10
  • Published: 01/16/2020 11:36 AM

A house fire in north Columbus Thursday morning has been deemed accidental, according to the Columbus Division of Fire. Firefighters responded to the 100 block of East Blake Avenue around 6:30 a.m. after a neighbor driving to work saw the fire and called 911. Two people who live in the home were taken to local hospitals, according to Columbus Division of Fire Battalion Chief Steve Martin. The fire department said a woman was able to get out on her own by going through a second-story window to the porch roof. A man was found inside by firefighters and taken to the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in critical condition due to severe smoke inhalation. Investigators with the Columbus Division of Fire said the fire was accidental and it started in the upstairs bedroom. How the fire started is still under investigation.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe