Propane BBQ sparks costly NW Bend house fire

  • Source: KTVZ-TV NewsChannel 21
  • Published: 05/15/2018 02:56 AM

A fire started by a propane barbecue malfunction quickly spread and caused $175,000 damage at a northwest Bend home Monday evening, officials said. Firefighters responded shortly after 6 p.m. to the report of a barbecue explosion and house fire in the 3000 block of Northwest Underhill Place, Fire Inspector Steve Stenkamp said. The first units to arrive found flames on an exterior wall that had spread into the attic of a two-story home, he said. Firefighters were able to quickly out out the exterior fire before tackling the fire in the attic.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe