Family, pets escape Bend mobile home fire

  • Source: KTVZ-TV News Channel 21
  • Published: 03/08/2019 12:00 AM

Despite a lack of smoke alarms, a Bend family and their pets escaped a fire early Friday that heavily damaged their mobile home on Cooley Road, fire officials said. Firefighters were called shortly before 5 a.m. to the fire in the back bedroom of a home in the 20100 block of Cooley Road by the occupants, who had gotten out before crews arrived, Deputy Fire Marshal Dan Derlacki said. The fire was quickly knocked down in the older mobile home and stopped from spreading from the back bedroom. Fortunately, Derlacki said, the father smelled smoke and went to investigate. An investigation determined it began as an electrical fire in the home’s main circuit panel. “The Bend Fire Department urges all residents to ensure they have working smoke alarms in their home,” Derlacki said. “Working smoke alarms have been shown to increase your survivability in a house fire by double."


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe