Woman suffers burns trying to put out accidental fire, Rosesburg Fire says

  • Source: KPIC-TV CBS 4
  • Published: 03/08/2019 10:08 AM

A 77-year-old woman sustained burns while trying to put out a fire in an upstairs bathroom Thursday, the Roseburg Fire Department said. The call reporting the fire in the Main Street home came in around noon. Firefighters found the woman on the porch of her home with a passerby who had heard her cries for help, the department said. Firefighters found the smoldering fire in an upstair bathroom and quickly extinguished it. "It appeared the resident had attempted to extinguish the fire prior to exiting the home, and had received her injuries in the process," firefighters said. The fire appears to have been an accident, the department said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe