Rescue cat detects dangerous gas leak at Lake Oswego home, saving owners

  • Source: KGW-TV NBC 8 Portland
  • Published: 02/18/2021 12:00 AM

A rescue cat in Lake Oswego, with her impeccable sense of smell, alerted her family of a gas leak on Friday. The cat, Lilly, and her owner Sandi Martin were playing on the living room floor when Lilly stopped to go sniff the fireplace valve. "I went over and sniffed and there was a natural gas smell," Martin said. "It was very faint so I didn't really trust my nose. Then I asked my husband to sniff it, and he sniffed it too." Sandi's husband called their gas company NW Natural, who told them to shut off everything in that room - including their cellphones - and open the doors. The gas company employee got to their house in 20 minutes in the snow and ice storm.



Comments

We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
Highlight
ship name
no comments have been added


FREE QUICK SUBSCRIBE
Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe